Re: Network install

I did more tests to the problem.  The situation is the following.

 http://www.us.debian.org/CD/netinst/

I downloaded the file debian-7.8.0-i386-netinst.iso.  Now I have two
possibilities:

1) I burn that file onto CD-ROM and install Debian on PC using that CD-ROM.
   After the base installation, I do: `aptitude install ppp', the system asks
   to insert te CD-ROM, installs ppp and, from that moment, I can connect to
   internet and download the remaining packages.  The system is born, it lives
   its own life.  Everything is all right.

Instead,

2) I put debian-7.8.0-i386-netinst.iso onto pendrive instead that on CD-ROM,
   that is more simple, comfortable and practical.  Then there are problems.
   In fact, the base installation is done without problems just the same way as
   with the CD-ROM.  But, after it, if I do: `aptitude install ppp' in order to
   connect to internet and download the remaining packages, the system requires
   inserting a CD-ROM and won't see the pendrive.  This seems wrong to me
   because, if it's possibile to install the base Debian system via pendrive,
   logically it should also be possibile to install other packages like ppp.
   Then I tried, as someone suggested, to install ppp via expert mode through
   Debian Installer with the pendrive, but that's not possibile or, anyway, the
   installation is not as complete as with `aptitude install ppp', so that a
   connection cannot be established.  But the package, complete, *is* there and
   it *should* be possibile to load it.  Whereas it is not.

Thanks,

Rodolfo