Re: So much for a wheezy install, massive fail

On Thu 22 Jan 2015 at 13:31:36 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Thursday 22 January 2015 09:42:13 Gary Dale did opine
> >
> > 50G for swap?!
>
> The partitioner that sets this up previously setup a bit over 2x the
> memory, 18Gb for swap, then surveyed the system and found 2 more swaps,
> dutifully adding then to the /etc/fstab it wrote. So at that point I had
> nearly 50Gb of swap available in 3 pieces/drives.

"dutifully" means d-i did what you told it to do. You could tell it not
to use some partitions. You can even tell it how much swap to use.

You haven't a clue what you are doing when you are partitioning, have
you?

[Snip]

> Removing the boot partition removes the guarantee that boot related files
> will be within reach of the bios.  However, 50Gb is out of line as I have
> been using 1Gb for years, which has all sorts of cruft I haven't used in
> yonks in it.  So I'll likely fix that and slide the rest of it back out
> before I put another install disk in the optical drive.

I wish I could understood this; particularly the first sentence.