So much for a wheezy install, massive fail

Greetings;

I just started to do a wheezy 2.8 install on a disk with 4k sectors, this
after researching and finding a partitioner utility that DOES know about
4k/sector disks.  That is gdisk. which found the gparted setup and fixed
it, all I had to do was write it to the disk., gparted, an old version is
not capable of aligning things correctly.

So the disk is all partitioned and formatted but empty.

Now I find I cannot bypass the disk partitioner in the installer, nor can
I force it to use these partitions on the hilited drive   This is using
the installer in "expert" mode.

  It will not let me change the "do not use" when I hilite a partition and
hit enter.  It doesn't even acknowledge the mount points "/boot" and "/"
already set.

This is less than a desirable thing.

How can I both bypass the broken partitioner, AND force it to use the
partitions it finds on the hilited drive?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)