Re: So much for a wheezy install, massive fail

Gene Heskett wrote:
> Bob Proulx did opine
> > You seem to believe that the Wheezy debian-installer does not handle
> > the new Advanced Format 4k sectors.  However I use it all of the time
> > with 4k sectors and it works fine.  There is no known problem using
> > the Wheezy debian-installer to install onto AF 4k sector devices.
> >
> > Sorry but I believe you are mistaken on this issue.  If you find the
> > debian-install mishandling 4k sector devices please file a bug report
> > with sufficient information to debug the problem.
>
> Go ahead and install its way, then run an fdisk -l and read the result,
> confirmed by quite slow readings from hdparm -tT on the drive you just
> installed it to.

What problem are you seeing?  Details?

I might suggest that fdisk hasn't kept up and isn't the best tool for
the task these days.  It may be getting confused by the newer
partition tables.  This may be causing it to emit bad information.

In many ways I don't like parted but I think it handles the new
formats best.

  parted /dev/sda unit s print

> URL for the bug reporter?

Here you go.