how to paste selected text / keyboard shortcut

Hi everybody.

Ok, my question is in the title but I think I should be more precise so:

I often use the mouse to select some text and then I can paste it using the central wheel button of the mouse (that can be simulated by clicking both buttons if you don't have the wheel button but I'm getting out of subject...).

Is there any way I could paste the selected text with a keyboard shortcut ?

Maybe this isn't possible with only one shortcut as pasting may depends on the application _taking_ the paste (I mean that pasting some text in thunderbird or in a shell might involve a different logic but it sure works with the central button the same way so??).

It's not that important but I'm so lazy and taking twice in a row the mouse uses my right hand!

Cheers,

--
mrr