Re: Re: Ric Moore

> I assume it has a name, is this 7.8=Jessie?

Its name is wheezy. It's an update, not a new release. See:
https://www.debian.org/releases/wheezy/
https://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2015/msg00000.html

> Anybody else? FWIW, 7.8, all 3 dvd's in amd64 format, is being
> downloaded now. So I'll give it one more try.

It's a bit late now, but you might have had much lighter download
using the network installation CD. Three DVDs is about 13GB; I doubt
that most installations would be that big. With the network
installation you boot from a CD (222MB download) which then downloads
only the packages that will be installed. See
https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

--
Cheers,
Clive