Re: Ric Moore

On Friday 16 January 2015 21:46:18 Gene Heskett did opine
And Gene did reply:
> Greetings, back on the old 10.04.4  LTS LUCID drive.
>
> Ric, installing that mesa library for firefox made firefox work better,
> & no squawking about the missing file.
>
> But, it pulled in 19 other packages either for additional deps, or
> whatever, then finished up on a rescan, wanting to update about 100
> other packages.  Which I didn't let it do.
>
> However, when I went to reply to the mail, I fond that in addition to
> wanting to remove kmail without replacing it with an even newer
> version, whatever it pulled rather instantly removed kmails ability to
> send mail, claiming the address was bogus.  But it never had time to
> ping the mail server, it was an instant rejection.
>

> So now I am back on the old LUCID based install.  Where hopefully I can
> send an email.  With kmail.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Anybody else? FWIW, 7.8, all 3 dvd's in amd64 format, is being downloaded
now. So I'll give it one more try.

But, I need to recover the emails that came in while I was running wheezy.
Does rsync have an update syntax that can do that.  I also have yet,
leftovers from the initial kmail install 13 years ago, 3 or four
directorys that are still in mailfile format and quite slow to access so I
will do that conversion by hand before trying 7.8.

I assume it has a name, is this 7.8=Jessie?

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)