Re: Re: Ric Moore

On 1/17/15, Clive Standbridge <list-user@tgstandbridges.plus.com> wrote:

>> Anybody else? FWIW, 7.8, all 3 dvd's in amd64 format, is being
>> downloaded now. So I'll give it one more try.
>
> It's a bit late now, but you might have had much lighter download
> using the network installation CD. Three DVDs is about 13GB; I doubt
> that most installations would be that big. With the network
> installation you boot from a CD (222MB download) which then downloads
> only the packages that will be installed. See
> https://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

I'm forever in love with debootstrap once I got thru the mounting and
chroot glitch.. Overnight debootstrap aligned my setup with many on
the list with respect to becoming current. It then perpetually
provides the opportunity to remain reasonably current as each notable
update is released from now on. And that's on *DIALUP*..

It's not an easy avenue, in fact the words *cognitively painful,
excruciatingly so on occasion* come to mind, but I just feel *so much*
in control right now, I can't begin to express it in words.. I have
absolutely zip interest in obtaining Debian via any other route now..
No offense intended to anyone else's *_CHOICE_*. Seriously! Whatever
works however it works... :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey