Re: .Xresources not loading on start

> Re-read what Vincent Zweije wrote, especially his first mail. Then
> re-read the answers in the stackexchange link you gave, concentrating on
> what is said about "specific" and "priority". Now re-read what you wrote:

Yes, Vincent said that the default .Xresources contain some settings
with a higher priority. And the stackexchange comments says that if there
is an Xresource "somewhere" that has more specific settings like
XTerm*background
then it overides the generic settings like *background.

> "*customization: -color" is from /etc/X11/Xresources/x11-common. It tells
> X what application specific resource file in /etc/X11/app-defaults to use.
> Normally the resource file used corresponds to the application name; for
> example, XTerm for xterm. The customization resource adds -color to the
> normal resource file name and so XTerm-color is used.

It's very confusing to me. From what I interpret, the *customization: -color
simply selects XTerm-color resources instead of XTerm from
/etc/X11/app-defaults?

> Note that .Xresources is merged with XTerm-color but from your re-reading
> (and from your experience) you should realise it does not mean everything
> in it is applied.
> Take your *original* .Xresources and, in the light of your reading, look
> at the output (color1 etc in particular) of 'appres XTERM xterm'.

color1 is #f92672

> Now add the line
>    *customization:
> to the original .Xresources and run the appres command again, Can you
> predict what should happen to an xterm when you start X?

I am typing this *before* I make any changes in my .Xresources and
before "xrdb .Xresources"
I feel that this should overide the *customization: -color settings in
/etc/x11/Xresources and the settings in XTerm should be loaded.

Okay after adding the said line in .Xresources (*customization:) and
reloading them
(xrdb .Xresource) color1 is
xterm*color1:   #f92672

Which is the same?

Am I missing something? Sorry for a delayed response!

--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav