Re: .Xresources not loading on start

On Tue 18 Mar 2014 at 21:17:47 +0530, Anubhav Yadav wrote:

> > There - it works. Is there anything you could do to your existing
> > .Xresources to make the rest work? Or does it so already?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> I solved it. Just had to change all instances of *color# to xterm*color#
> As simple as that!
>
> What I liked more was instead of giving me direct solution you
> motivated me to find
> the solution myself. Cheers for that.

Just in case: the command

   xrdb -merge .Xresources

is definitely run when X is called. The resources in .Xresources are
merged with those in /etc/X11. If you issue the same command from a
terminal nothing happens to alter the resources available because
they have already been merged.

   xrdb .Xresources (xrdb -load .Xresources)

wipes out the resources loaded from /etc/X11 and gives you only what
is in .Xresources.

Your initial understanding of this led you away from a solution to the
actual problem. Not to worry; everyone does it and everybody learns. :)