Re: Four people decided the fate of debian with systemd. Bad faith likely

On Du, 02 mar 14, 17:18:39, ghaverla wrote:
> This isn't properly replied to.  I am new to Claws, and I have no time
> to figure out gpg signing.

Close enough (i.e. the attributions are right as far as I can tell) ;)

> On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 11:56:22 +0200
> Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sb, 01 mar 14, 20:03:54, ghaverla wrote:
> > >
> > > But the fact there are no options is what bothers me.
> >
> > There are options. Even if Canonical will be pulling the plug on udev
> > there is still OpenRC. The maintainer could use more help though.
>
> I looked in Debian a week or so ago.  OpenRC wasn't even in
> experimental.  Either I looked wrong, or it has only recently been
> added.  I know OpenRC is at Gentoo (that where it came from, as I
> understand things).

According to the PTS it's been in experimental since 2014-01-03 and in
sid (unstable) since 2014-02-28.

http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/openrc.html

> I don't understand Canonical pulling plug on udev.  Pulling plug on
> upstart makes sense, pulling plug on systemd makes sense.

Sorry for that, meant upstart, wrote udev :(

Kind regards,
Andrei