Re: Four people decided the fate of debian with systemd. Bad faith likely

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 03:11:24 +0100
Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> On Sat, 2014-03-01 at 18:26 -0700, ghaverla wrote:
> > But to read that a split of 49:51 means there can't be options is
> > disheartening.
>
> I was inaccurate, I guess there were much more than 51% pro
> sytsmed ;). But indeed, systemd caused the longest flame wars on
> several mailing lists I ever read + I participated to some of those
> flame wars.

The only flame wars I liked were the emacs/vi ones.

I was using slackware before they turned the tarball into a package.  I
can go back to that if need be.  I've used HP-UX, Solaris, QNX and
other things UN*X or UN*Xlike.  BSD would not be a problem.  Plan 9
might be interesting.

But the fact there are no options is what bothers me.

But, I have a friend a couple of thousand km away, who has a partially
borked system, and we are trying to talk him into getting things back
up.  So, I will come back to this later.

Gord