Re: Four people decided the fate of debian with systemd. Bad faith likely

On 02/03/14 08:09, disbandtechctte@tfwno.gf wrote:
> FOUR people made a decision that would once have required
> thousands of votes. FOUR votes overrideds the decision
> debian took before the tech-ctte dictatorship to standardize
> on system V init rather than bsd style init scripts
>
> The tech-ctte was created to arbitrate and decide disputes
> between package maintainers.

Which it seemingly did.

> It was not created to decide
> fundamental issues about the OS. Some members have used it
> in bad faith to push through a decision
>
> This is a bad-faith acquisition of power here that has occurred.
> The debian tech-ctte should be disbanded for that reason

Quick! to the barricades - use *your* bodies to stop the bullets?

I'm guessing disbandtechctte is not your real name.

> *The tech-ctte is stacked not with volunteer debian devs, but
> by people on the payroll of redhat and canonical of ubuntu fame,
> that's why there was a tie-vote, they voted their paycheques

That's your interpretation of events, not to be confused with an
accurate accessment of facts.

<snipped>

Has their been a breach of the Debian Constitution?

Anyway, that's your unsolicited opinion - which you no doubt deserve (to
hold).
Here's mine:-
troll elsewhere - try rabbleRus.org or LetMeTellUWhat2Do.mob

Regards