Numerical Methods Programming: was: Four people decided the yadda yadda yadda

On Sun, 2 Mar 2014 11:31:08 -0700
ghaverla <ghaverla@materialisations.com> wrote:

> Most of the programming I have done is numerical methods,

What language did you use? I've used a little bit of Scheme, and kind
of liked it for numbers.

When you say numerical methods programming, do you mean this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numerical_analysis

I've often thought of writing a differentiator program in Python, or
who knows, maybe Scheme, perhaps something that solves y = f(x) type
equations simply by iterating closer and closer to see where it crosses
the axes. This gets ever more inviting, because I'm continually
forgetting more and more of my high school and college math.

I'd love to know what you're doing and how you're doing it.

SteveT