Re: wordperfect 5.1 for unix, and debian? (more)

On 12/16/2014 11:41 PM, Doug wrote:
On 12/16/2014 10:57 PM, Doug wrote:
On 12/16/2014 10:44 PM, Karen Lewellen wrote:
Greetings everyone,
I have a still in the package copy of wordperfect 5.1 for UNIX.  I
got this because wordperfect is my main word processor on my primary
computer and I would welcome, if at all possible, to use it  with
Linux as well.
Is there any reason why the program cannot be installed on a machine
running Debian squeeze?
  My interest is in logistics, as I realize the software may be
better suited for networks, not individual computers.
Thanks,
Karen

There was once (around 1995?) a WordPerfect version for Linux. It
worked, but it had terrible fonts. It has not been possible to install
that for at least the past 4 years, and probably longer, as the
dependencies can no longer be met. I have WordPerfect12 working on the
latest PCLinuxOS KDE, but not the spread sheet. It doesn't look real
nice on the screen, and it comes up with some difficulty, but it is
usable, if you are stubborn. I also have Corel Draw 9 and the
corresponding PhotoPaint working. Both of WP and draw are running in
WINE.

--doug

Just a little follow-up to the last post. I don't like OpenOffice or
LibreOffice because I don't like the strait-jacket they
put you in.

Which is what?? It certainly isn't the price. :/ Ric

Linux user# 44256