Re: Flash problems

On 2014-12-16, Jape Person <japers@comcast.net> wrote:

> Heh. I'd take gnash right now.

I'd take it too, if it worked properly.

> I just can't bring myself to install the nonfree flash. (I've had a hard
> enough time convincing myself that it's okay to install non-free drivers
> and the BIOS firmware update packages.)

Well, I guess my moral standards are lower than yours (or something).

> Gnash disappeared from testing a little while ago, and the lightspark
> plugin doesn't play anything, anywhere, ever for me.
>
> Makes me happy that html5 is beginning to catch on.

I'm all for html5.

> I agree that gnash was pretty frumpy, but I could at least play videos
> at youtube. Not sure what folks using Jessie are supposed to do for
> flash besides go nonfree.

I need to be able to explore the time-machine of American culture that
is youtube with ease and fluidity, in that typically associative way
that is the hallmark of web surfing. Gnash didn't give me that
experience the last time I looked.

> Sorry for the slight off-topic rant.
>
> ;-)

No problem, bro.