Flash problems

Hello,

These days problems with flash.

In Wheezy it's easy, this will fix the problem:
update-flashplugin-nonfree --install

But some people with old Squeeze installations did also call me. I told
them they need an upgrade. Fixing that for the time being was a bit more
work.  What I did was copying the libflashplayer.so from a Wheezy
installation to my website, and downloading it to the clients:

cd /usr/lib/flashplugin-nonfree
mv libflashplayer.so libflashplayer.so-backup
64-bits:
wget https://vandervlis.nl/files/libflashplayer.so
32-bits:
wget https://vandervlis.nl/files/libflashplayer32.so
mv libflashplayer32.so libflashplayer.so

After this, you need to restart Iceweasel and to enable the plugin in
Iceweasel, because it's disabled for security reasosns. Maybe very good
reasons.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl