Re: Flash problems

On 2014-12-16, Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> wrote:

> But some people with old Squeeze installations did also call me. I told
> them they need an upgrade. Fixing that for the time being was a bit more
> work.  What I did was copying the libflashplayer.so from a Wheezy
> installation to my website, and downloading it to the clients:

As an old squeezy I just go here

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

download the tar.gz archive, extract the libflashplayer.so file and move it to
the appropriate location, overwriting the previous version.

All update-flashplugin-nonfree does is download the newer version from
the adobe website, if there is a newer version available, right?