RE: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

Hi,

>> Actually, it's *always* a surprise.  These fsck happen at long enough
>> intervals, that I can never know if it was "4 months ago" or "7 months
>> ago", and neither can I remember which laptop/desktop has the delay
>> set to 172 days vs 194 days vs 98 days vs ...

> Can't you write a small script to obviate the limitations of your human memory, like this little hacker here did?
>
> http://nwalsh.com/hacks/mountinfo/
> http://nwalsh.com/hacks/mountinfo/mountinfo

Hmm, nice if it is just one system, your own laptop. You will get a nice warning that the next time, probably sometime this week, it will run fschk.
Unfortunately pretty useless if you are handling multiple systems and are not the only one managing them and reboots take weeks / months apart . :-(

Nope, I still want the option to cancel a running fschk and have it performed again at the next boot.
That one I can then schedule, for instance for the following night using shutdown and the time option. Might even throw in the -F option. ;-)

Bonno Bloksma