Re: Skipping fsck during boot with systemd?

On 12/05/2014 05:06 PM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 20:59:25 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

But remember our current slogan "Linux is all about choice". One can
choose to boot with or without "fsck.mode=skip".

What about the choice to stop fsck it if it has started at an inconvenient moment ?

What is wrong with an fsck?? You've never had an fsck happen without your permission before at boot time?? Isn't it a good thing to have happen once in a blue moon?? Jimminy Crickets, be glad you aren't defragging like Win users have had to put up with for eons. Just think of it as a "prophylactic measure" and play safe. Be glad, instead, that someone is looking out for you. :) Ric

Linux user# 44256