Re: Creating a peculiar Live-CD

On 29 November 2014 at 08:17, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:
> Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
>>
>> On 11/28/14, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

<snipped>

> <chuckle> I've just proved ( again ;/ ) that my writing lacks clarity.

It's hard to describe a custom live CD in a single, small post.

> The eject command indeed works as expected.
>
> The BIOS on my machines are set to automatically boot from any CD in the
> tray.
>
> My question was creating a Live-CD to only execute a specific script when
> booted and prevent anything else from being executed.

Put the script in /etc/rc.local? Create a user that is autologged-in
put the script in their autorun?

Dependant on what you mean by "anything else"... find out where
"anything else" is triggered and remove the trigger.

If helps I've previously created a number of different "auto" USB
Flash key builds that were designed to be used as "plug, power-on, do
a certain job automagically" tools without user intervention. Some of
the processes 'might' be useful for what it 'sounds' like you want to
do.

<snipped>

I hope that helps a little. Perhaps if you gave more details of all
that you want to do. e.g. a flow chart, what will this script do?

Kind regards