Re: systemd-free alternatives are not off topic.

On Sat, 22 Nov 2014 22:49:48 +0000 (UTC)
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com> wrote:

> But it is absurd to say that discussing these real problems faced by
> Debian users, and their potential remedies, is off topic in the debian-
> user mailing list.

Of course they are not.

But they are anathema to the "We are systemd of Borg, resistance is futile" crowd.

So they try to silence dissent by bleating "off-topic", which is their way of making sure no-one raises a voice against systemd, exposes its weaknesses, of bring to light the high-handed manner in which it was made the "default"(*).

Cheers,

Ron.

PS Waht is now the politically correct term for "defailt" ?
--
            Keep your mouth shut and people may think you stupid;
                      Open it and you remove all doubt.