Re: the developers have spoken

On 20/11/14 09:41, GypsyRoseLee wrote:
> On Thu 20 Nov 2014 at 06:57:03 +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> On 20/11/14 04:01, golinux wrote:
>>> On Wed, 11/19/14, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Subject: the developers have spoken
>>>  To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
>>>  Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 8:11 AM
>>>
>>>    the vote is in.
>>>
>>>  [cut]

>>> My beloved Debian, RIP. Very sad that the ride will be over when when
>>> Squeeze and Wheezy (and possibly Jessie - jury is still out) get to EOL
>>> . . .
>>>
>>> golinux
>>>
>>> (soon to be linuxrip)
>>>

>> You can always start a business telling fortunes - in those countries
>> that allow it.
>
> Dear Mr  Ferguson,
>
> We really must object.

As foretold by the tea leaves - though I 'knew' you were going to say
that anyway.

> You will surely be aware that our company has the
> rights to Fortune Telling throughout most countriea in the world.

(sigh) Yes - obtained by humbuggery and magic tricks.

> For
> you to encourage a random person to encroach on our intellectual
> property, patents and trademarks is very questionable.
>
> Way back in 2004 our Crystall Ball Complex ran a program on the fuiure
> of init systems. The first word it churned out was 'ringettoper'. We
> were perplexed but, realising the system was running on a Red Hat base,
> we changed to Debian and got 'tringeepot', which made a lot more sense
> to us.

How are those crystal balls working out for you?  Do you find it makes
jogging difficult?

> Early in 2005 'stemdys' mixed up with 'startup' and 'vinitsys' started
> to appear on the Jessie Predictor and we realised we had trouble on our
> hands, The question was whether to release our findings to the world or
> be cautious. We chose the later course. Half our directors resigned from
> the company over the decision.

And now write our stunningly successful Astrology supplements for my
dear friend Rupert's informative tabloids - as well as performing
iridology and chiropractic advice. Thanks again for expanding our
enormously successful range of services.

> The management of GypsyRoseLee does not regret the course of action we
> took. It is a reliable predictor of the future - not a manipulator of it.
>
> Our state of the art Palm Reading and Bumps on Head Cloud Cluster is at
> present predicting a bright future for Debian using systemd. If everyone
> pulls together the coming release could be the best ever.

[frown] I note you are not a suitably qualified member of
PhrenologistsRUs... though I hesitate to immediately denounce you are as
a quack and a snake oil salesman.

> We urge you to refrain from damaging our business. As a mark of good
> faith on our part we would like you to be aware that one of our
> predictions for 2015 is that corks dangling from strings from the brim
> of a hat will be out of fashion,

I believe you made similar, patently and demonstrably, false
prognostications about our other line of time proven and internationally
renowned products - the only tablets with rounded corners.

> Star Gazingly yours,
>
> GypsyRoseLee.

You'll get no silver from me.

Yours in debian solidarity.

Apropos of little (just some that came to me in a vision):-
http://www.vitavonni.de/blog/201411/2014111901-what-the-gr-outcome-means-for-the-users.html

--
Clay - it's here to stay and it's goat-proof!

Join my Youtube channel "Out of my tree" ~ Shirley McLaine