Re: the developers have spoken

On Thu 20 Nov 2014 at 06:57:03 +1100, Scott Ferguson wrote:

> On 20/11/14 04:01, golinux wrote:
> > On Wed, 11/19/14, songbird <songbird@anthive.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Subject: the developers have spoken
> >  To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> >  Date: Wednesday, November 19, 2014, 8:11 AM
> >
> >    the vote is in.
> >
> >  [cut]

> > My beloved Debian, RIP. Very sad that the ride will be over when when
> > Squeeze and Wheezy (and possibly Jessie - jury is still out) get to EOL
> > . . .
> >
> > golinux
> >
> > (soon to be linuxrip)
> >

> You can always start a business telling fortunes - in those countries
> that allow it.

Dear Mr  Ferguson,

We really must object. You will surely be aware that our company has the
rights to Fortune Telling throughout most countriea in the world.  For
you to encourage a random person to encroach on our intellectual
property, patents and trademarks is very questionable.

Way back in 2004 our Crystall Ball Complex ran a program on the fuiure
of init systems. The first word it churned out was 'ringettoper'. We
were perplexed but, realising the system was running on a Red Hat base,
we changed to Debian and got 'tringeepot', which made a lot more sense
to us.

Early in 2005 'stemdys' mixed up with 'startup' and 'vinitsys' started
to appear on the Jessie Predictor and we realised we had trouble on our
hands, The question was whether to release our findings to the world or
be cautious. We chose the later course. Half our directors resigned from
the company over the decision.

The management of GypsyRoseLee does not regret the course of action we
took. It is a reliable predictor of the future - not a manipulator of it.

Our state of the art Palm Reading and Bumps on Head Cloud Cluster is at
present predicting a bright future for Debian using systemd. If everyone
pulls together the coming release could be the best ever.

We urge you to refrain from damaging our business. As a mark of good
faith on our part we would like you to be aware that one of our
predictions for 2015 is that corks dangling from strings from the brim
of a hat will be out of fashion,

Star Gazingly yours,

GypsyRoseLee.