User cgroups

Hello.

In Debian Wheezy, after creating a cgroup hierarchy for "cpu" (as an example) and adding a cgroup "my_cg" with "cgcreate -a USER:USER -g cpu:my_cg" as root (USER is a meta-variable for a non-root user) I see that that the cgroup virtual file "tasks" is still owned by user root and group root. If however, I chmod that into the user, I'm able to add tasks as that user. I'd like to make cgroups and be able to add processes to it from a non-root user. Why is it that by default the "task" file is still owned by root?. I am missing something in the creation command?

Regards and thanks in advance.