Re: engineering management practices and systemd (Re: Installing an Alternative Init?)

On Sb, 15 nov 14, 22:05:58, Joel Rees wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 15, 2014 at 9:20 PM, Andrei POPESCU
> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> > [(clipping too much, I now realize)]
> > The transition plan[5] has been posted on -devel since July with no
> > objections.
> >
> > [5] https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2014/07/msg00611.html
>
> My impression is that objections logged to that thread, had there been
> any, would have been to the method or timing, not to the switch
> itself.
>
> In other words, members of dev who disagreed to the switch itself
> would have needed a different thread to register their continued
> disagreement.

In my impression Debian is most of the times much *less* formalised than
this.

What is actually quite frustrating in this particular case (for me as an
outsider, can't even imagine how it is for people directly involved) is
how people don't engage in such a thread, but instead escalate to the TC
and/or GR directly.

> And I am under the impression that there was an undercurrent of
> "object to this and lose your geek cred."

Definitely doesn't match my impression.

Kind regards,
Andrei