Re: engineering management practices and systemd (Re: Installing an Alternative Init?)

On 15-11-2014 14:17, Brian wrote:
On Sat 15 Nov 2014 at 13:49:18 +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

On Vi, 14 nov 14, 08:04:00, Marty wrote:

> By the same token systemd is a major waste with no real gain. It duplicates
> equivalent modular alternatives, and also requires unnecessary effort to
> repair damage from excessive coupling.

I challenge you to come up with a configuration that duplicates
systemd's features with a combination of other software.

One picture is worth a thousand words.

   https://np237.livejournal.com/34598.html

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

I couldn't resist also ...

"A use case better covered by SysV init: encrypted block devices"

  http://tanguy.ortolo.eu/blog/categorie2/debian

Regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis