Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 08:10:42PM +0000, Brian wrote:
Sounds like, doesn't it? Let's be practical and see how how a screen in
d-i could present an init system choice to a user, particularly having a
new user in mind.

Well, like the question about bootloaders the init system choice should only be available in the expert installation process. So I doubt you will need to teach the difference to a newbie.

Here is my first suggestion:

  You are about to install an init system. Please choose
   The preselected choice is systemd.     ^^

	1. Systemd
	2. Sysvinit
	3. Upstart
	4. A. N. Other

		1, 2, 3, 4?

Sounds good. We can discuss the order, but it is the right direction. The question should come before the „Install the base system” part.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |