Re: Installing an Alternative Init?

On Ma, 11 nov 14, 12:34:10, Miles Fidelman wrote:
> Laurent Bigonville wrote:
> >There are no functional differences between an installation with
> >sysvinit-core out of the box or an install where sysvinit-core is
> >installed later, this is a fact.
>
> No, that's NOT a fact.  At least it's not a tested and demonstrated fact for
> complex configurations such as virtualized environments with complicated
> file system wiring.

Wasn't this about clean (minimal) installs? Where did the all the
complications come from?

> Based on previous experience, mostly with mail systems (install exim, then
> replace with sendmail) and filesystems, it's very easy to find oneself with
> all kinds of artifacts left behind by an install/replace process; as well as
> finding one's way into lots of packages getting installed/replaced and
> associated dependency hell.

Do you have any concrete evidence for such issues in this concrete case?
Because I'm quite sure the developers would like to know about them.
After all, that's the purpose of piuparts.

https://piuparts.debian.org/
https://piuparts.debian.org/sid/pass/systemd_215-5+b1.log

Kind regards,
Andrei