Re: Re: Keep using Debian without GNOME and SystemD

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis:

>>   after spending two days trying unsuccesfuly to have a usable Jessie
>>  with one of the defaults DE and with no systemd utilities, i decided
>>  the following. In the companie's pc's i support, i'll continue with
>>   Wheezy and if there is no a clear path to Jessie without a trace of
>>  systemd until Wheezy's support lifetime then bye - bye Debian.

>Good luck finding *any* distro with a current Gnome that does not
>depend
>on systemd.
http://www.funtoo.org/Welcome :
GNOME 3.12 (without systemd, because that's how we roll.)
as far i can tell, gnome3 is not my thing.

>I really don't get why Debian receives so much hate in this discussion.
>Upstream software depending on systemd is not Debian's choice.
I do recall times when Debian had quite stubborn discussions (still
lasting, btw) with upstream about questions not really worth it. Don't
think it has earned hate though, but a bit more resistance wouldn't
have hurt. And a project of that size would be heard it it speaks up
(it's not just a few derivates of Debian where the users complain bout
down-your-throat-systemd in the according fora).
But in general i agree: staying friendly would be better. I guess that
was your point.