Re: Perfect Jessie is something like this...

Don Armstrong writes:
> Debian has packages which have dependencies on some of the libraries
> that systemd provides. That's orthogonal to whether Debian requires
> systemd to be PID 1 or not.

Some people are phobic of the string "systemd".  Rename systemd-shim
pid1-shim.  Rename libsystemd libmisc.  Problem solved.

I don't like Systemd and intend to try to avoid installing it, but I see
no point in getting exercised about adding one more do-nothing library
to the thousand or so I already have installed.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com