Re: Have never seen this previously...........

Charlie a écrit :

> Wipe it with gparted

How ? Did you create a new partition table/disklabel (what type ?) or
just delete all previously existing partitions ?
Anyway, just run parted -l and it will tell you what partition type it is.

 and set up my partitions: /root, /home, /usr, /var
> etc., etc.. Allow grub to install.

Install grub before installing the base system ?

> Then put in the netinstall disk, install a basic system with that.
> Reboot and start using it adding whatever packages I need as I require
> them.
>
> That's it.
>
> Not difficult I don't think, and I update and upgrade about once a
> week, and have never had that error message previously.

It's a warning, not an error.

> No worries. Obviously something changed in the last upgrade.

Or there was no grub upgrade until the last upgrade.

> Anyway, it was just a curiosity, not a bug as far as I can see because
> it boots and everything works.

Until something (fsck, defrag, accidental deletion...) moves filesystem
blocks allocated to grub's core image. Now you've been warned.