Re: Have never seen this previously...........

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 10:44:25 +0100 Darac Marjal sent:

<snip>

> I'm not quite sure what your setup here is so:
> * If you're booting in BIOS mode with an MBR disk, then raise a bug
>   against grub
> * If you're booting in BIOS mode with a GPT disk, then create the BIOS
>   Boot Partition that grub is asking for.
> * If you're booting in UEFI mode with a GPT disk, then you're using
> the wrong version of grub; i386-pc is for BIOS booting and you should
>   install grub-efi instead
> * If you're booting in UEFI mode with an MBR disk, then switch to
>   grub-efi, and see if the same error is raised. If so, raise a bug
>   against grub.

<snip>

I did nothing special, just what I do normally when I get a computer or
hard disk.

Wipe it with gparted and set up my partitions: /root, /home, /usr, /var
etc., etc.. Allow grub to install.

Then put in the netinstall disk, install a basic system with that.
Reboot and start using it adding whatever packages I need as I require
them.

That's it.

Not difficult I don't think, and I update and upgrade about once a
week, and have never had that error message previously.

No worries. Obviously something changed in the last upgrade. Not
something that I did, because I didn't do anything. [laughing]

Anyway, it was just a curiosity, not a bug as far as I can see because
it boots and everything works.

Be well,
Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	'Come to the edge', he said. They said..'We are afraid'. 'Come
	to the edge', he said. They came, he pushed them .... And they
	flew. ___Guillaume Apollinaire