Re: Have never seen this previously...........

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:20:33 +0100 Darac Marjal sent:
<snip>

> On a GPT disk using BIOS, though, GRUB will still install Stage 1 into
> the first sector, but then there's no suitable place for it to put
> Stage 1.5. So you're expected to create the Bios Boot Partition, into
> which Grub will install Stage 1.5. No file system should be created
> on this partition.

<snip>

I googled GPT disk and this was certainly a UEFI disk or partition or
whatever. But formatted the whole disk and then created the
partitions I wanted with GParted and then installed Jessie.

So maybe the disk has reverted or something? But it has only done this
in the last update. prior to that there was no problem.

The system boots all right anyway, so I'll see what happens in the
future. I might have to reformat the whole disk again and reinstall
Jessie.

I'll see what happens.

Thanks for the explanation which I didn't really understand.

Charlie
--
	Registered Linux User:- 329524

	Zen practise is thus not a set of operations designed to
	achieve an external goal. In Zen, the effort and the result are
	not two different things, the means and the goal are not to be
	separated, the finding occurs in the very seeking itself.
	_____Bernard Phillips