Re: How To Prove Systemd Can|Cannot Be Jessie Default

On 23/10/14 22:10, David L. Craig wrote:
On 14Oct23:2035+0300, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis wrote:

That's not the point. From the technical point of
view, IMO, you are correct but that's not the only
view that exists in Debian Project, me thinks.

[snip]

My choices reg. my use of technology isn't based
only on technical grounds, you know.

There are legal considerations pertaining to global
software redistribution, of course.  There are
financial considerations beyond Debian's licensing
and support fees, to be sure, but those and other
categories of non-technical considerations are entirely
outside of the Debian organization as I see it--they
are user considerations.

And there should be ethical considerations, e. g. to not expose the users by default to software that due to its complexity and technical characteristics might facilitate intrusion and spying.