Re: How To Prove Systemd Can|Cannot Be Jessie Default

On Thu, 23 Oct 2014 02:10:01 +0200
"David L. Craig" <dlc.usa@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's use our
> keyboards to launch test cases in preference to soapbox
> rhetoric that likely proves nothing.
>
> Let's let the code speak for itself for a while.

I've not had many problems with systemd excepting my firewall, Shorewall, failed to
start when booting up. It still started with: 'shorewall start' on the command
line so that was alright with me.

Systemd or something tried to put another firewall on my computer called Pyroman
but it could not start at the boot, and always generated an error message to
this effect. It is quite inferior to shorewall anyway, so I removed it. The
developer or maintainer of Shorewall has now succeeded in returning Shorewall to
the old configuration. After booting up the other day I ran 'shorewall start' and
the message came back: shorewall was already running.

Is that your idea of letting the code speak for itself?

--
CK

System Information
GTK+ 2.24.25 / GLib 2.42.0
Locale: en_US.UTF-8 (charset: UTF-8)
Operating System: Linux 3.10-1-amd64 (x86_64)