Re: How To Prove Systemd Can|Cannot Be Jessie Default

Στις 23-10-2014 18:29, David L. Craig έγραψε:
On 14Oct23:0004-0400, Charles Kroeger wrote:

Is that your idea of letting the code speak for itself?

< snip >

If you want systemd to not be the default, you need
to prove to the Release Team it is unworthy, and the
only way to do that is to document the defects in the
BTS.

Is that sufficiently clear?

Well, yes and no.

After 3 - 4 years of development, i trust the developers of systemd to produce, more or less, a sufficient's quality software.

That's not the point. From the technical point of view, IMO, you are correct but that's not the only view that exists in Debian Project, me thinks.

Again, IF it was only an init daemon/software/plumb ( you name it ), which anyone could ditch it painless ( meaning A -> B AND B -> A painless ... ), for whatever reason technical/personal preference/political, then by no means, make it default, make it a flag, make it a swiss army knife ( ? ) make it whatever suits the project.

It pollutes my favorite OS's ecosystem, doesn't stay only with the init's role and I don't like it.

My choices reg. my use of technology isn't based only on technical grounds, you know.

Regards,

--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis