Re: How To Prove Systemd Can|Cannot Be Jessie Default

On 14Oct23:0004-0400, Charles Kroeger wrote:

> Is that your idea of letting the code speak for itself?

The code speaks when its execution reveals a need to
run reportbug (or not).  When we fail to run reportbug,
we muzzle the code and possibly allow that bug to be
part of the Jessie release.  Hopefully that is nobody's
idea of a good approach.  Also, hopefully everybody is
aware anybody can run reportbug, which simply emails the
bug report to the BTS--no registration is necessary and
formatting the report is quite painless.

If systemd is the disaster many believe it to be,
its defects should be manifesting as we test systemd
behavior in as many configurations as possible and it
should not be trivial to remediate those arising from
poor software design.

If you want systemd to not be the default, you need
to prove to the Release Team it is unworthy, and the
only way to do that is to document the defects in the
BTS.

Is that sufficiently clear?
--
<not cent from sell>
May the LORD God bless you exceedingly abundantly!

"So the universe is not quite as you thought it was.
 You'd better rearrange your beliefs, then.
 Because you certainly can't rearrange the universe."
__--from_Nightfall_by_Asimov/Silverberg_________________