Re: Problem with systemd-sleep in Jessie

Hi,

Am 24.10.2014 um 02:40 schrieb ~Stack~:
> I think I last booted/updated this laptop last weekend. I booted it up
> tonight to mess around on it and the first thing, as always, was to run
> updates. A bunch of systemd stuff updated. Now the laptop is dang near
> unusable.

Could you please check, from which version you updated, so we know which
version did not exhibit this behaviour and which version does.
See /var/log/dpkg.

Which version do you currently run?

> It boots and it will sit at the log in screen for quite some time like
> everything is good and happy. If I log in either via GUI (LXDE) or via
> command line, the laptop goes to sleep anywhere between 2 and 15 seconds
> later. I have to hit the power button (no other button on the laptop is
> responsive) and it will wake up again but promptly go back to sleep 2-15
> seconds later. And repeat.
>
> It took me over a minute simply trying to log in via the CLI just run a
> 'tail -f /var/log/syslog' because for whatever reason it really just
> wants to go to sleep. The only thing that I really see is a line that reads:
> <time> <hostname> systemd-sleep: suspending session
>
> Nothing before it of any consequence, and after is just logs about the
> system going into sleep mode.
>
> So I have been digging around trying to figure out what is going on and
> I can't seem to stop it.

Once you're logged in, run "systemd-inhibit --what=sleep /bin/sleep
3600" [1]. This should block any suspend requests for one hour.

Or for a permanent change, you can edit /etc/systemd/logind.conf and set
"HandleSuspendKey" and "HandleLidSwitch" to ignore.

Could you describe your hardware in more detail. What type of computer,
which graphics card and driver, monitor setup etc.

For some reason, you seem to be getting acpi events which trigger the
suspend request in logind. This might be a buggy ACPI implementation
like in [1].

Michael

[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Acer_Aspire_One#Suspend_on_lid.2C_shutdown_on_power_button