Problem with systemd-sleep in Jessie

Greetings,

I have been running Jessie i386 on a spare laptop just so I can see how
all the big changes that are coming will impact me. For the last few
months, nothing too big has really hit me (at least none that don't have
a bug filed already). Well, that is until now.

I think I last booted/updated this laptop last weekend. I booted it up
tonight to mess around on it and the first thing, as always, was to run
updates. A bunch of systemd stuff updated. Now the laptop is dang near
unusable.

It boots and it will sit at the log in screen for quite some time like
everything is good and happy. If I log in either via GUI (LXDE) or via
command line, the laptop goes to sleep anywhere between 2 and 15 seconds
later. I have to hit the power button (no other button on the laptop is
responsive) and it will wake up again but promptly go back to sleep 2-15
seconds later. And repeat.

It took me over a minute simply trying to log in via the CLI just run a
'tail -f /var/log/syslog' because for whatever reason it really just
wants to go to sleep. The only thing that I really see is a line that reads:
<time> <hostname> systemd-sleep: suspending session

Nothing before it of any consequence, and after is just logs about the
system going into sleep mode.

So I have been digging around trying to figure out what is going on and
I can't seem to stop it. Here is what I know:

* There is nothing in the /etc/systemd/sleep.conf file.
* It is technically going into a suspend.
* I have no idea what dictates how long it will last before going back
to sleep.
* I tried to reinstall systemd with no luck (that took forever...when it
takes 3-5 seconds for NetworkManger to bring up the wireless connection
and the window for activity is 2-15 seconds...well I am kinda surprised
I didn't jack up the install when it went to sleep in the middle of the
install...twice!).
* Unless I have something specific to search for, the system logs are
worthless because they are _flooded_ with the information about
going-to/waking-up-from sleep.

I haven't really figured out systemd yet but I am not making much
progress with online searching at the moment.

Can anyone help me figure out how to stop systemd from trying to go to
sleep all the time? This is quite annoying...

Thank you!
~Stack~