Re: Problem with systemd-sleep in Jessie

On 10/23/2014 08:32 PM, Joel Rees wrote:
> 2014/10/24 9:57 "~Stack~" <i.am.stack@gmail.com
> <mailto:i.am.stack@gmail.com>>:
<snip>
>> It boots and it will sit at the log in screen for quite some time like
>> everything is good and happy. If I log in either via GUI (LXDE) or via
>> command line, the laptop goes to sleep anywhere between 2 and 15 seconds
>> later.
>
> CLI? From a virtual (CTRL-ALT-fN) terminal?

That is correct.

> I'd suspect something in power management, maybe, but who knows?
>
> Is sshd running so you could try logging in from the network? If it
> doesn't go to sleep when logged in from the network, that would be a
> data point.
>
> And, assuming the translating from binary to text didn't get in the way,
> it would allow you to do a looped tail on the log files to try to watch
> while you logged in from the keyboard.
>
> Of course, having another user logged in might trigger the "Can't log
> off while other users are logged." condition, but that would be yet
> another data point.

It does go to sleep when logged in remotely.

> Or have you tried booting a live image on an external device so you can
> read the logs at better leisure, grep, etc.?

Unfortunately, there are a number of reason why this is a test laptop.
The CD-ROM being busted is one...not booting from USB is another...To
install Jessie I rigged a PXE boot menu to launch the contents for a
network install.

Thanks!