Re: LSB headers and other junk, how do you hack a quick init script in debian these days?

Who needs to document their own pc they hack on daily?

suddenly I couldnt just place a script in rc2.d folder anymore, needed to symlink
needed to add an lsb header too it seems

maybe I'm overlooking something

I prefer to hack on my own without using debian tools, update-rc.d i.e.

would be nice to be able to place a script in rc2.d folder again, even though it isn't a symlink

it seems that 'feature' has been removed in the new debians

I wouldn't do it at work/anywhere where documentation is important though
but why force people to document / use the right tools?

I prefer an OS that is easy to hack around

debian init scripts is something that frustrates me often, because I can't just hack them easily
need to symlink in different folders or use the debian tool
got no experience with sysV or whatever it uses, only bash programming which I am fairly good with

so it frustrates me that hacking initscripts should be so annoying at times :P

it used to work good back in the days, I could just add an S99mio and that would get executed after booting
not anymore, now it needs to be symlinked and all it seems

there used to be an /etc file one could edit to make boot scripts
anyone remember which one?

rc.local or such I think, but not sure anymore, debian has changed a bit lately it seems

How do you hack a quick init script these days?:)