Re: LSB headers and other junk, how do you hack a quick init script in debian these days?

On 21/10/14 17:41, Michael Ole Olsen wrote:
> Who needs to document their own pc they hack on daily?

Most humans?

No one knows what they've forgotten.

The more important a customisation is - the longer you'll use it, the
more likely you'll forget it (or the details of it), and the more
critical that lack of documentation will be.

I have a *good* memory - but I'd be far less efficient without records.
The main tools being "script" and [insert your favourite wiki here]
"dokuwiki" - not to forget the pen and paper (papyrus or the vastly
superior, now with rounded corners - clay tablet).

<snipped>

> How do you hack a quick init script these days?:)

I use the example in man initscript.

>> On Tue, 21 Oct 2014, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
>>
>>> Hey Paul,

<snipped>
>>> I'll try to disable html messages for all Debian Lists at my GMail account
>>> right now, sorry about that.

See my signature. And please *don't* top post. Guidance on writing posts
that will get the most attention whilst upsetting the least can be found
on the same wiki page.

Kind regards

--

The simple two-click method to send plain-text from Gmail web-interface:-