Re: how to boot in les than 8 minutes

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

At what stage? The postinst script of a package is only executed at
installation time. What you did in the meantime...

  I did:  apt-get --reinstall install samba-common

  So, it seems that with --reinstall, the postinst script is not
  executed, which is not what I would expect.
  I saw:

   You can reinstall a package with sudo apt-get install --reinstall
   packagename. This completely removes the package (but not its
   dependencies), and then re-install the package.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel