Re: how to boot in les than 8 minutes

dn Fri, 17 Oct 2014, Steve Litt wrote:

. . .
                         My suspicion at this point would be either a
flaw in his smb.conf (which is easy to test by temporarily replacing it
with a minimal) or Samba itself.
. . .

  I was on the way to do that, but I first re-installed samba and
  samba-common packages, without modyfing smb.conf.
  I noticed that the version changed from 2:4.1.11+dfsg-1 to
  2:4.1.11+dfsg-2
  After that, the shutdown lasted 3 seconds!
  So, it seems that systemd is not guilty for the shutdown problem.

  I still noticed a curious fact
  Impossible to find what package provides /etc/samba/smb.conf
  "apt-file search smb.conf" only gives /usr/share/samba/smb.conf,
  from samba-common.
  /usr/share/samba/smb.conf and /etc/samba/dmb.conf are strictly identical
  Nevertheless, if I remove /etc/samba/smb.conf, the reinstall of samba
  or samba-common fails

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel