Re: Conflict of interest in Debian

On 10/16/2014 11:30 PM, Marty wrote:
On 10/16/2014 08:41 PM, Ric Moore wrote:

But, I consider it idiotic to bash Red Hat as ~anyone~ with the guts can
do what Bob Young did. Just gather some talented  people together around
a kitchen table and create your own distro. That is perfectly legal and
now they are worth billions, by starting exactly from that point. :) Ric

I agree and appreciate your stories, which are an important part of the
history of Linux. I'm trying to keep the issue hypothetical because a)
I'm not a member b) it's a question and concern, not an accusation nor a
conviction, and c) otherwise, it could come across as innuendo about
companies or individuals in an environment that it already overheated.
That's a bigger concern that the original question so it defeats my
purpose. I'm also satisfied that I've given it (maybe more than) enough
attention in this forum, and I understand now that this is the wrong
place to pursue it anyway.

So soon? It was getting interesting!

Linux user# 44256