Re: Conflict of interest in Debian

Le 15.10.2014 09:11, Jonathan Dowland a écrit :
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 12:51:07AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
Check out what single company has 30% of the gatekeepers. Surprise,
surprise.

Damned for their success. We want Linux to be successful, but woe betide any
company that actually gets us there...

Maybe you want.
But I think that most users just want it to work fine and efficiently, which does not necessarily imply being sold massively around the world.

The fact is, that linux is actually a success, but it has never been it's objective. It's a consequence of what we like in it: freeness, efficiency, and stability. Market share should not be the objective, it should stay a simple secondary effect.