Re: Openbox systemd-free

On 17/10/14 10:16, Mark Carroll wrote:
Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:
(snip)
I'll also try to find a systemd-free alternative to LibreOffice, and to
Gnumeric (Gnumeric will be tough, it's actually a good program).
(snip)

LibreOffice is enormously useful for Microsoft Office compatibility. Why
on Earth does it require systemd?

As far as I can easily and quickly determine, LibreOffice doesn't. I therefore conclude that if it does, it'd be because of a chain of dependencies (possibly involving at least one Recommends: step).

As it happens, the same goes for Gnumeric.