Re: recent, stable (debian-based) desktop solution without blobs?

Le 16.10.2014 11:05, Wim Bertels a écrit :
Hallo,

which distro would u recommend given the following wishes:
- debian/debian based
- stable
- recent (ie debian stable being to old for the desktop in my opinion)
- no blobs (ie closed firmware for example) in the kernel or default
installation
- having the option to choose non free software

Debian testing?

Is it correct to assume the only derivatives of debian containing no
kernel blobs are the ones listed on fsf (and debian itself)?

No. I'm not sure about this, but IIRC, Ubuntu does not include blobs by default.