Re: Openbox systemd-free

Steve Litt <slitt@troubleshooters.com> writes:
(snip)
> I'll also try to find a systemd-free alternative to LibreOffice, and to
> Gnumeric (Gnumeric will be tough, it's actually a good program).
(snip)

LibreOffice is enormously useful for Microsoft Office compatibility. Why
on Earth does it require systemd? Can it not be compiled from the source
package with different options? (It is nice that Debian tends to make it
quite easy to compile locally in a similar way to how the binary
packages are generated.) A bit of googling isn't finding me anything
about this issue.

-- Mark